It is with great regret that I have made the extremely difficult decision to postpone LOG 40 until September 10-13, 2021. You are all aware of the events leading up to this decision but, ever the optimist, I pushed forward, hopeful. During the last two weeks I have contacted Lotus clubs across the country and universally they have told me their membership is highly concerned about making the trip to Salt Lake and most of them have cancelled their plans to come. The Golden Gate Lotus Club in California has shut down all their indoor events and cancelled large gatherings, e.g. "Cars & Coffee" and modified their track-day rules to allow drivers and instructors only. The Pebble Beach Concours and the The Quail have been cancelled. The Midwest and east coast Lotus clubs have indicated to me that their anticipated participation numbers are at, or close to, zero. The lockdown has had a severely negative impact on several of our sponsors' businesses and others have pulled out citing safety concerns. Our special guests from England, a few of whom are older, will not be flying out due to concerns about exposure on planes. As much as I hate to say it, LOG 40 for 2020 is now a non-viable event.
Lotus Ltd's Board of Directors and the hosts of LOG 41 (at an undisclosed location) are onboard with the one-year postponement.
The upside to all of this (if there can be an upside) is that our LOG 40 Committee is in place with a terrific group of enthusiastic people and we will not have to start over from scratch for next year. The hotel is being very accommodating and will move our registrations to next year and or provide refunds with no penalty.
I am extremely disappointed it has come to this but events far beyond our control have forced the postponement.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Stay safe out there.
Rich Sheya, Chairman
Lotus Owners Gathering 40